Category: PublicationsPage 1 of 4

The Quill

The Quill was a Paper Devoted to the Interest and Encouragement of High School life. The Quill was formed in 1912 by the class of “1913,” being published…

BTK Photography

BTK (Billy the Kid) Photography has some pretty awesome local photos. BTK Facebook

Posthumous Works of the Reverend and Pious JAMES M’GREADY

Posthumous Works of the Reverend and Pious JAMES M’GREADY, Late Minister of the Gospel in Henderson, KY. 1837 Sketch Of The Character Of The Rev. James M’Gready, By…

Early Settlers

Early Settlers by Edmund Lyne Starling Prior to the formation of Henderson as the thirty-eighth county in 1798, there were but few settlers south of Green River. The…

A Quiet Place

A quiet place Getting away from the hustle and bustle, Sister Thelma Cambron of Holy Name parish in Henderson has found a favorite spot where she frequently goes…

Shrine to Audubon a Tourist Attraction

Shrine to Audubon a Tourist Attraction Henderson has no sandy beaches on the ocean front leaning towers, giant caverns or bubbling springs, but it still rates as one…

1956 Argue Tobacco Fire

Three Buildings Destroyed, Six Damaged, Six Firemen Injured in City’s Worst Fire Six firemen were hurt and three of them hospitalized as firemen early this morning fought what…

Dog Killer

There must have been a real problem with wild dogs in the last century. The city approved Mr. Posey Bailey as Dog Killer on 19 May 1896.

To Little Sallie

Evansville Journal April 8, 1884

Glass House Easter

Easter dinner at the Glass House restaurant.

1964 Southside Lumber Fire

HENDERSON, Ky. – A trash fire fanned by high winds raged out of control for more than two hours Saturday, destroying a lumber company and causing heavy damage…

Henderson Welcome Postcard

H – Audubon Memorial Museum E – Tea Room, Audubon Memorial State Park N – Post Office Building D – Drive in Atkinson Park E – Henderson County…