Category: Church

St. Clement’s Mission

St. Clement’s Mission, organized 1887, was a parish school in which upwards of sixty pupils were taught the rudiments of common school education, housekeeping, sewing, etc., and the…

Trinity AME Zion Church

The church was built in 1870 and closed in 2010 when it was the Trinity A.M.E. Zion Church. Demolished in 2017 to build new German American Bank at…

National Register of Historic Places listings in Henderson

National Register of Historic Places listings in Henderson. The eight-digit number next to each listing is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System…

327 Second Street

Second and Green Street intersection facing North. Standard Oil station, Conoco Station, and now the location of Corpus Christi Clinic.

Norris Chapel Baptist Church

The Norris Chapel Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1874 by Rev. L. B. Evans with members from the First Baptist Church congregation. For the first three or…

Saint Louis Cemetery

Saint Louis Cemetery is Holy Name’s parish owned cemetery that dates back to the late 1800s and Saint Louis Catholic Church. Located in the 1400 block of South…

Audubon Missionary Baptist Church

214 Letcher Street Now the site of East End Water Park Reference: WKU Kentucky Museum

Immanuel Baptist Temple

Demolished 21 April 2018 to make way for new Henderson Fire station. References: Gleaner: Whoosh! Henderson’s historic Immanuel Baptist Temple demolished

First Presbyterian Church

Construction began Aug. 17, 1893, although the church wasn’t dedicated until June 10, 1894. It wound up costing $36,000. A four-alarm fire destroyed First Presbyterian Church at the…

Adas Israel Temple

The cornerstone for the Adas Israel Temple, on the corner of Alves and Center streets, was laid by Masonic Lodge No. 9 on July 19, 1891. The congregation…

First Missionary Baptist Church

Located on the NE corner of S Elm and Washington Streets. Google Map The African Baptist Church “In 1866, just a year after the Civil War ended, The…

Holy Name Church

“Between the years 1824-1861 Henderson was without a church building. Father Elisha J. Durbin had the responsibility of pastoral care for the Catholic population throughout western and southwestern…