41 North Strip

Other Posts including 41N: Cap n Cork 41N / Watson Lane Car Wash Pancake House Old Orchard Shopping Center 1950s 41N Howard Johnson’s Kentucky Terrace Motel GateWay Motor…

Search

Main Street Views

Various views from Main Street at different times.

Green Street

Various views of Green Street.

Barret Manual Training High School

“Henderson Daily Gleaner,” June, 1925: At a meeting of the board of education on theevening of the second of July, 1906, a committeeappointed to look into the matter…

14th and Green

Intersection of 14th and Green Streets. Also the location in the post on the North Y.

Edgar Warren Knight

Edgar Warren Knight was born 16 Oct 1906 to James Edgar Knight (1867 – 1935) and Birdie Walker Griffin Knight (1877 – 1945). E. Warren Knight of Henderson,…

Salon

Salon located at 802 Second Street.

238 N Main

238 N Main. #ThenAndNow 240 N Main also visible.

The Violet Shoppe

The Violet Shoppe, a plant shop specializing in African Violets, was located at 325 ROBIN ROAD and U.S. 41 N and owned by D. R. Ferrill. Reference: Evansville…

Wolf’s Tavern 31 N Green Street

Wolf’s Tavern was built at this location in 1878 and has operated here for over 100 years. The building retains some Mesker components including the only surviving, elaborate…

St. Clement’s Mission

St. Clement’s Mission, organized 1887, was a parish school in which upwards of sixty pupils were taught the rudiments of common school education, housekeeping, sewing, etc., and the…

Henderson Speedway

The Henderson Speedway was a quarter-mile dirt track that opened on Highway 41S in September 1951. Jerry Clark and Clyde Fowler were operators. The location is now ramps…

The Quill

The Quill was a Paper Devoted to the Interest and Encouragement of High School life. The Quill was formed in 1912 by the class of “1913,” being published…

Mabrey’s Automatic Transmission Service

Mabrey’s Automatic Transmission Service located at 1 Meadow Street owned by Tracy Ray Mabrey.