The property at 601 Washington Street has had a varied career. The oldest portion was built as a private residence in 1874 by Allan Gilmore, but in 1919 it was sold to Dr. J. C. Moseley, who built a large brick addition to convert it into a hospital. Moseley Hospital with a capacity of 29 beds. In 1931, the building was purchased by The Henderson Hospital Association and remained a hospital until 1946, when Henderson (Methodist) Hospital was opened on North Elm Street (now Deaconess Henderson). For more than 60 years the property was known as the Henderson Hotel, but after renovations by a local businessman Kiran Patel, it was renamed the Gilmore Hotel and then the Simple Rewards Inn. The building burned in November 2019.


Gleaner: No one injured as fire claims second historic Henderson building

Gleaner: Boyett: Henderson’s last two historic hospitals are still standing – barely