The corner-located, six-story, brick masonry, Soaper Hotel, built in 1924, with five-course bonding and stone detailing. The Neo-Classical building has seven bays to Main and nine bays to Second, the original main entry. A flat parapet has a stone coping and stone urns marking the tops of stone quoins and vertical quoin-like piers. A stone cornice, plain frieze, and stone belt encircle the building. Windows on all upper floors are single and paired six-over-one sash with stone sills. Second floor windows are set in arched, stoned recesses with keystones. The Second Street entry is centered beneath a slightly curved, suspended metal marquee. A tri-parte window with stone surround is above with the works “Richard Henderson Soaper Hotel 1924”. The entry has an arched fanlight. Four large windows with multi-light arch surrounds line the second street facade. To Main, six massive brick piers divide plate glass openings into equal bays. A recessed entry is placed diagonally in the corner.


National Registry of Historic Places