Henderson municipal power and light plant at NW corner of N Elm and Forth Streets. Later the location of city bus garage. This was also the location of the first city cemetery.

On Aug. 18, 1896, the city’s first electric power plant at Fourth and Elm streets was activated, as well as 154 streetlights that replaced the gaslamps that had been installed in 1860. By 1948, however, the plant was on its last legs, prompting city government to ask local industries to stop using power until repairs could be made. Henderson Commercial Club

Google Location