The Henderson Builder’s Supply Company was organized and capitalized in 1908 and engaged in both the wholesale and retail lumber business, handling building material of all kinds. A. J. and T. W. Thornton, of the well known firm of Thornton Bros, of Morganfield, Ky. and E. S. O’Hara of Evansville and Richard Henry Humber of Henderson compose the new firm. Marvin H Walker joined the company in 1911 as the book keeper and by 1928 was the company president.

The business location at 125 N Green eventually became Shannon Lumber.


History of Kentucky – The Blue Grass State – Volume IV

The Lumber Manufacturer and Dealer Volume 42 1908