Located at the SW corner of N Main and Third Street this building was constructed in 1907 and housed the YMCA until the current building on Klutey Park Plaza was constructed in 1973.

Although 1907 is usually given as the date of the building’s completion, its construction was actually an on-going process between 1906 and 1911. And that process began at the end of 1905 with a fund-raising program. The first mass meeting of that program began 100 years ago this weekend with the Kentucky YMCA secretary urging the citizens of Henderson “to contribute liberally to the building fund.” – Frank Boyett


The Gleaner, 27 Nov 2005, Frank Boyett