The church building was erected 1872-73 on property obtained from Ben and Jane Letcher and by Dec. 14, 1873, the building was far enough completed for its dedication.

“It was originally called St. John’s United German Evangelical Brotherhood when 29 families gathered for the first time Dec. 23, 1867, according to church records.

In 1871 they organized as the German Evangelical Zion Church with the Rev. C.F. Kranz of Evansville traveling here by steamboat every Sunday. (It has undergone two name changes since then – in 1936 and 1957 – because of mergers with other faith traditions.)”

Approximately 1873
February 2024


Henderson’s Zion UCC closing its doors; property will be used by WARM by Frank Boyett 10 Jun 2021

Colorful Church Door – Zion United Church of Christ, Henderson, Kentucky

Organ info

Henderson Zion UCC Facebook