The A. L. Eblen Livery building at 110 First Street was a turn-of-the-century, one-story, three-bay, brick masonry commercial building with stone foundation and sloped roof. Side walls are of common bond and the front facade is veneered. The building design suggests its original function as a livery and sale stable. The front is dominated by the center bay, a large, arched, vehicle opening flanked by arch headed pedestrian entries. Multiple rows of header bricks form each arch with raised outline and spring from a raised, brick belt course. All are slightly recessed within a flat arched frame that defines the sides and flat parapet of the facade. Entries are half-light and paneled with semi-circular transoms and the center bay has an overhead, paneled garage door with two banks of glass panes.

A fire in 1896 destroyed all buildings in the block where the property is located. The livery and sale stable, constructed between 1896 and 1906 retained the area’s commercial flavor as a service-oriented, transportation-related business. In 1913, A.L. Eblen is listed in the City Directory as operating a Livery and Sale Stable at this address.

1913 Sanborn Map