Page 48 of 104

M L Cooper Subdivision

Check out this cool plat of the M L Cooper Subdivision from 1948. This section of Roosevelt Street and Victory Drive were never completed.

Trixie LaMae aka Marie Carey

Trixie LaMae aka Marie Carey was born 3 Dec 1892 James Carey (1853 – 1905) and Lena M. Satzger Carey (1863 – 1947) who residence at 535 Second…

1 Clark Street

1 Clark Street was built sometime after 1923 (not on 1923 Sanborn Map) and is of the same unique brick and stone work appearance as 3 Clark Street,…

Hick’s Drive-In

Hicks Drive-In was located on Hwy 41N across from Audubon State Park. The restaurant opened in 1954. Located on the SW corner of Hwy 41N and Walnut Lane.

Club Alibi – Black Horse Lounge

Club Alibi, owned by Mr. Welby, then later Trixie’s Alibi, owned by Frank Williams and Trixie LaMae, sold to George Hoffman in 1981 and became the Black Horse…

J. S. Mallory Sheet Metal Worker

J. S. Mallory is an experienced and practical sheet metal worker who has been in the business for over twenty-one-years. In the past year he has built seven…

701 Dixon / Acme Drug Store

Roger W. “Doc” Cabell ( ) owned and operated Acme Drug Store at 701 Dixon St. (now Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.) from 1936 to 1970. According to…

432 First Street

432 First Street was built in 1914 for the White-King Motor Company. It’s also been home to Work Clothes Unlimited, Bill’s Furniture, and Thompson’s Furniture. City’s first auto…

PVT Paul Douglas Gibson

Paul Douglas Gibson was born 11 July 1926 to William Earl Gibson (1900 – 1974) and Virginia Hatchett Lester Gibson (1900 – 1959). He was raised in Hebbardsville…

Cardinal Food Market

Cardinal Food Market was located at 1905 US41 N, where Long John Silvers is today. Co-owned by Henry Bantly and Howard DeJarnett. The store closed in 1964.

HENDERSON MAN TO GIVE TALK

I bet this was an interesting speech. HENDERSON MAN TO GIVE TALK: 1946 HENDERSON, Ky. March 26. – (Special) – Rotarians at their luncheon meeting Thursday at the…

801 S Main

The large 3 story warehouse at 801 S Main Street was built for the American Tobacco Company in 1895 by contractors Mundo & McGraw. It was sold to…